Downer ranked 7th Defence contractor in Australia by ADM
Downer has been ranked seventh in the Australian Defence Magazine (ADM) Top 40 Defence Contractors section of its 2020 Annual Survey. Downer was ranked seventh in the 2019 survey, up from eighth in 2018.
“We are pleased to maintain our position among the Top 10 Defence prime contractors in Australia,” said Downer’s Chief Executive Officer, Grant Fenn. “Across Downer and Spotless our people work a variety of roles at Defence and for other government agencies on some extremely complex projects and programs, while also delivering crucial support roles such as asset management, maintenance and land management at Defence estates.”
Downer Defence Systems and Spotless support the Commonwealth’s Defence Capability Life Cycle through managed and professional services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep.
Downer offers numerous specialist services including:
- Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Electronic Warfare (C4ISREW)
- Capability Life Cycle Management
- Complex program and project management
- Systems engineering and integration
- Operational services at Defence estates
- Logistics support
- Asset management
Specific projects include:
- The Shoalwater Bay Training Area Maintenance Contract
- Stage Two of the Garden Island (Fleet Base East) Critical Infrastructure Recover Project
- HQ Joint Operations Command Facilities Management Contract
- Team Downer Major Service Provider defence consortium
- JP2047 Terrestrial Communications Program
- SATCOM System Program Office
- Naval Construction Branch Integrated Work Package
- SEA 2273 Navy Fleet Information Environment Transformation
- JP9102 Future ADF SATCOM
- Navy Army Aviation Acquisition Project Office.
“Downer is proud to deliver Australian Industry Capability to Defence in line with the Government’s commitment to shepherding the development of a truly sovereign Australian defence industry,” Mr Fenn said.