- Sustainability: ~2 degrees global warming (SSP1 – RCP2.6)
- Follower: ~2 degrees global warming (SSP4 – RCP2.6)
- Fossil fuel development: ~4 degrees global warming (SSP5 – RCP8.5)
- Global decline: ~4 degrees global warming (SSP3 – RCP8.5)
- Downer’s strategy was found to be resilient and well positioned in all scenarios used due to the diversification of services across multiple sectors, existing market presence and capabilities
- A <2°C world provides considerable opportunities which outweigh identified risks and will assist with lower cost of capital and increased margins
- Aligning to a <2°C world will require decarbonisation by the second half of the century, with a substantial decrease by 2035.
- Downer commits to the decarbonisation of its absolute Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions by 45-50 per cent by 2035 from a FY18 base year and being net zero in the second half of this century .
Downer is a member of a broad range of industry associations reflecting the diversity of our business. These industry associations keep us informed on major industry issues and therefore deliver value. Downer does not support every position taken by every association. We make our own decisions based on what’s best for the company and its stakeholders. As a member of an association we can influence policies by, for example, communicating our policies on sustainability and climate change.