At Downer we have a team of skilled professionals who successfully blend world-class expertise with hands-on experience to deliver a wide variety of marine engineering solutions and provide our client’s with the best means of port infrastructure delivery and support.
Our wholly owned subsidiary company, Spiire, has port facilities design experience including coastal processes and defence, harbour and design (including wharves, breakwaters, container terminals and channels), naval architecture, and marine farming.
Due to our experience within the ports industry, we understand the true operational consequences of engineering design.
Within the broader Downer Group our team of Engineering experts specialise in turnkey electrical and communication systems for the expansion or upgrade of port facilities and, we also offer whole-of-life asset solutions for critical infrastructure such as roads, rail lines, car-parks and grounds which support and connect port sites. For more information visit the power and transmission, road, rail and social infrastructure sections of the website.
Our port infrastructure key capabilities and experience include:
- Planning and design of ports and harbours (wharves, jetties, marine services, off-shore moorings, access channels, marinas)
- Coastal processes (reclamations, sea walls, breakwaters, pipelines and shore protection works)
- Naval architecture (vessel designs for port tugs, tourism vessels, fishing vessels and specialised research vessels)
- Shore works such as the design build and maintenance of car-parks, road infrastructure, pavements and relocations of track works.
- Engineering services such as structural, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation of port facilities and asset upgrades.